It is common knowledge that my TBR has been slowly planning my murder for the last year because how dare I not read every single book in existence?!….So I thought I would add EVEN MORE books to it!!…This is going to end badly…isn’t it?
But enough about me: Now I want YOU to re-evaluate you life choices. Did your REALLY have to click on this post? REALLY? Because I bet you have a monstrous TBR pile right this very second and you most certainly didn’t NEED to add to it. I am very concerned, please drink some water and eat a cupcake. There’s no need to be doing this to yourself.
Except if you’re doing this to not let me suffer alone. In which case thank you frend we shall be the bestests of buds after our death by TBR.
How to form your very own TBR!! (side effects include: IT NEVER GOING AWAY EVER GOOD LUCK YOU’RE DOOMED)
- take smol TBR hatchling
- it fills you with determination to finish said TBR
- add some MORE books to it right? because we want to see it grow happy and healthy
- OH NO IT’S OUT OF CONTROL
- HELP WHAT DO YOU DO?!?!
- QUICK FEED IT MORE BOOKS SO IT DOESN’T EAT YOU
- (THAT’S HOW THAT WORKS RIGHT?!?!)
- oh no
- NOW IT’S EVEN BIGGER ABORT MISSION!!!
…who would’ve thought that’s how things work huh.
Fight fire with fire they said. It wouldn’t kill you they said. TELL THAT WHEN I MYSTERIOUSLY DISAPPEAR ONE DAY and it’s going to even be that mysterious because all of you will know WHO DID IT.
Declaimer: Ioana is not responsible for future murderous TBRs after the lecture of this post. Add everything on Goodreads AT. YOUR. OWN. RISK.
- Queen of Air and Darkness : THE SEQUEL TO MY ABSOLUTE FAVOURITE BOOK OF ALL TIME AKA THE PURE GENIUS THAT WAS LORD OF SHADOWS!!
- A Thousand Perfect Notes : Do I even need to explain this? QUEEN CAIT IS FINALLY GETTING PUBLISHED! Can you believe she puled a Beyonce and she did #THAT?!
- The Muse of Nightmares (*has no cover as of yet*): Sequel to Strange the Dreamer which I loved and I need to know what happens NOW!!
- Love, Hate & Other Filters : This features a Muslim MC and tackles Islamophobia! Also film nerds which I have a smol particularity towards! (heard some mixed feelings from #ownvoices reviewers so I shall be weary)
- Tyler Johnson was Here : Police brutality and it sounds like a very important read also #coverlove LOOK AT THAT.
- Leah on the Offbeat : 1. Becky Albertalli 2. Body positive MC and 3. FRICKING BECKY ALBERTALLI OK IT’S GUARANTEED TO BE AMAZING.
- Nice try, Jane Sinner : This title describes my life and also I heard the protagonist has a nihilistic sense of humor and IF THAT AIN’T ME.
- The Looking Glass : All I know about this one is BALLET SCHOOL. So I know enough.
- Don’t Forget Me : This takes place in Australia and also that cover is gorgeous.
- Summer of Salt : Sounds salty so I’m all for it…also magic and the cover features 2 girls so I’m here for either friendship or romance and doesn’t this sound like a book meant for me?
- You’ll Miss Me When I’m Gone : I’m only seeing amazing reviews for this and some trusted persons loved it ergo I have to read it.
- Tess of the Road : Dragons DRAGONS D R A G O N S!!! And I don’t know much else but what else need I know??
- Ace of Shades : I heard this described as “the older, darker, Spirited Away” AND YUP I WAS SOLD I need it in my life.
- The Astonishing Color of After : I can smell the heart break and magical realism from here.
- The Hazel Wood : Creepy dark fairy tales and magic are all I love in life (that and preferably equally dark dessert).
- Children of Blood and Bone : Diverse high fantasy with masterful world building? Sign me up!
- Reign of the Fallen : Nercomancers! Also a badass bisexual protagonist in a fantasy book! BUT NECROMANCY!!!
- The Wicked Deep : Umm…I have an undying love for witches and strange towns so this one is calling my name.
- To Kill a Kingdom : Evil cruel siren protagonist please and thank you.
- Daughter of the Siren Queen : Sirens and pirates and the first book was surprisingly so much fun wow.
- The Forgotten Book : MAGICAL BOOKS are my cryptonite.
- Sea Witch : A Little Mermaid re-telling BUT this is Ursula’s backstory AND HOW AWESOME DOES THAT SOUND?!
- The Cruel Prince : Dark creepy fae are all I need in life (and I’ve always wanted to read a Holly Black book I guess now’s my chance)
COMICS & GRAPHIC NOVELS
- The Prince and the Dressmaker : 19th century prince cross dressing and destroying gender norms?! Just look at that magnificent blurb I AM LIVING FOR THIS.
- Bloom : Boys falling in love AT A BAKERY!!
- Be Prepared : Summer camps and this is by the author of Anya’s Ghost (which was one of my favourite graphic novels of last year!).
OTHER BOOKS THAT I’M EXCITED ABOUT BUT ARE THEIR OWN KIND OF UNIQUE PINEAPPLES
(Ioana now regrets putting these 2 together as THEY BOTH HAVE WHITE COVERS WHY. Excuse her why her eye twitches because the whole aesthetic is ruined.)
- the witch saves herself in this one : poetry collection! Also the sequel of The Princess saves Herself in this one THAT I STILL NEED TO READ!!
- Check Please! : Ok so this is a webcomic (YEEK!! Internet geek power!!) that’s actually free to read right now but it’ll be published sometime in fall 2018 so I’M EXCITED!! It has cute gay hockey players, soft frat boys, collage, and lots of pie baking I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
So here is my very own absolutely murderous post! I saw these beasts on every single other blog (thanks guys I know you like planning my murder) so I couldn’t not do one of my own. Do I like causing people with way too big TBRs pain? Why yes, yes I do.
Now excuse me I have to go cry because LOOK HOW MANY BOOKS.If you don’t hear from me for a while it’s because my books engulfed me and strangled me to death just so you know where I am.