BOO! I…probably didn’t get you there…I AM SCARY OK I PROMISE!…It’s not like…I am rather short…and look like a soft shibe…SCARY I SAY!! FEAR ME HUMANS!!
But it IS nearly Halloween!! Double double toil and trouble have yourself a ghoulish night filled with candy!
(let’s ignore that the scariest thing that happened to me is I woke up this month and I was older…what is this sorcery and what do you mean I am not 13 anymore…existential dread is the scariest one of all) And in fact, I’ll spend my Halloween at home in my pajamas watching the masterpiece that is Scooby Doo and eating candy. Because what better way to spend Halloween WHEN YOUR COUNTRY DOES NOT CELEBRATE IT HUH?? Romania, get your stuff together I want free candy from strangers.
Why are we here again? Ah yes the spooky tag. I AM GETTING IN THE SPOOPY SPIRIT BY DOING A SPOOPY TAG!!
Here’s the original video!
ONTO THE QUESTIONS!
1. Carving pumpkins- what book would you carve up and light on fire?
…Harry Potter and the Cursed Child.
OK NOW BEFORE *some* OF YOU GO AFTER MY HEAD: I can explain. In an extensive list that is.
- Ron’s whole personality was a joke.
- It excused Snape’s behavior and made him out to be a hero.
- Harry was THE BIGGEST jerk.
- Albus was a pretty stupid brat.
- H E T E R O N O R M A T I V I T Y
- Delphy was straight out of an OC Self Insert Fanfic from DeviantArt in 2007 when it was cool to shop at Hot Topic.
- DID I MENTION HETERONORMATIVITY?
- Rose was only an annoying side character that was completely ruined for Queer Baiting.
- ALL THE PLOT HOLES
As you can see I have a very STRONG opinion on The Cursed Child. I don’t consider it canon and I’m trying very hard to forget it exists. (that last part isn’t going so well so I am resorting to putting my hands over my years and sing obnoxiously anytime someone mentions this book)
2. Trick or treat- what character is a treat, what character is a trick?
I’m going to go with MY FAVORITE BOYS none other than The Raven Boys for this one!
A trick – Ronan Lynch! Because OF COURSE! I liked him in the first book but can I say that I didn’t LOVE him? Is that a thing that can be said? Or is it forbidden? Am I or am I not breaking some cosmic rule here?
A treat – Richard Gansey the 3rd! Obviously. He’s such a pure cinnamon roll and I LOVE cinnamon rolls (because…cinnamon + me is the one and only true otp OUT THERE! (I am well aware that OTP stands for One True Pairing just let me be dramatic and repeat words damn it))
3. Candy corn- what book is always sweet?
Confession time: I’ve never had candy corn. I’ve never even seen some in real life. Actually if I asked someone what candy corn is they’ll probably look at me like I did a flip and I’m now sideways. Ya know.
A book that’s always sweet has to be: Carry On by Rainbow Rowell. It’s so cute and fluffy I might dieeeee. I liked a romance?? IS THIS A GLOBAL HISTORICAL PREMIERE??
It has romance, Christmas, scones, friendship and it’s just?? PERFECT?? AND PURE?
4. Ghosts- what character would you love to visit you as a ghost?
(SPOILERS!!! FOR STRANGE THE DREAMER!!! COVER YOUR EYES SWEET SUMMER CHILD!!)
I would love for Sarai to visit me. We would drink tea and eat cake (can ghosts even eat cake? If the can’t than that would be a rather sad existance) because she deserves it ok!! My child!! My sweet sweet daughter! We would talk about the universe and dreams and fangirl about everything because she’s a lovely cinnamon roll!
5. Dressing up in costume- what character would you want to be for a day?
All my favorite characters lead rather sad lives…that’s kinda what makes them my FAVORITES you know…
So I’m going to cheat and say THE PUMPKIN MAN. ON HALLOWEEN. Obviously.
Look at him go. Look at those MOVES. It’s beautiful.
6. Wizards and witches- what is your favorite Harry Potter moment?
Oh honey, I have more than one favorite moment.
- The Christmas scene in Philosopher’s Stone
- The time Harry spends alone in Diagon Alley in Prisoner of Azkaban
- HOGSMEADE (also from Prisoner of Azkaban)
- (can you tell that Prisoner of Azkaban is my favorite book in the series??..you never would’ve guessed I know)
basically I just really love the Wizarding World. (and THE FOOD!!)
7. Blood and gore- what book was so creepy that you had to take a break from it for awhile?
WELL here I come, interpreting this prompt as I please. Call me the most rebellious of the bookworms!
(…also a bookworm that doesn’t like horror stories ergo doesn’t read any ergo had to SOMEHOW get around this question. And did a spectacular job at it might I add. Admire my genius!)
The SCARIEST book I PUT DOWN was Wise Man’s Fear by Patrick Rothfuss (badabus tss EVEN THE TITLE matches! You see: “fear”! Albert Einstein who?? Just hand me my award and preferably a crown ALREADY!).
Why might you ask?
Because it’s about 1000 pages long and if that’s not scary I don’t know what is.
It’s my nightmare and my TBR’s nightmare ok. I’m sorry if that’s anticlimactic but THAT BIG BOOK IS HONESTLY TERRIFYING! It’s just..so big…and I only have one lifetime to read it…that should take AT LEAST 2 ok. I demand 9 lifetimes for bookworms because if cats can get them why can’t we?