OH MY GOD OHMYGOD YOU GUYS!! *starts singing the whole literally blonde soundtrack in excitement*
I GOT A NOMINATION FOR THE SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD!! YAYYY CONFETTI AND HUGS!! Look at me being the sun from the teletuibbies! A beautiful majestic center of the universe is what I am now.
I was nominated by the wonderful Rhea @Bookchanted ! Check her out, she’s the most awesome book and pizza fabulous queen! Which is as much an amazing combination as it sounds! Thank you sosososo much she’s THE sweetest!!
This is literally how I’m feeling right about now.
WHAT IS THE SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 new blogs as many as you want, to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or on your blog.
1. Which author would you ask to write your biography?
Oh that’s such a hard question…hmmmMMmMm…maybe Rainbow Rowell?? Or Becky Arbetalli?? They both would make it HILARIOUS and LIGHT! Cassandra Clare and Leigh Bradugo would make it EPIC because they are the queens of tears! And…Maybe Noelle Stevenson? Because I WOULD LOVE for it to be a graphic novel and her style is my ABSOLUTE FAVE!
2. Which literary character do you most identify with?
Definitely Nina from Six of Crows!! She is so freakishly LIKE ME that I could PREDICT was she was going to say sometimes based on what I WOULD’VE SAID!! Fiercely protective of sweets and a big extrovert?? IT MEE!!!!
3. What is your favourite song from a musical?
Ahem. Did somebody say: LIST TIMEEEE!
well too bad it’s LIST TIME anywayyyy
- Kindergarten Boyfriend from Heathers
- It’s Quiet Uptown ; Dear Theodosia and Who Lives Who Dies Who Tells Your Story from Hamilton
- I am Moana from Moana
I JUST HAVE A LOT OF FEELINGS WHEN IT COMES TO MUSICALS OK
4. What is your favourite sound?
I adore piano music! I would love to know how to play but alas I have zero musical talent. (…my singing voice sounds a lot like a cat giving birth while on fire…which is if you think about it, a very unconvenient situation for a cat to be in just sayin’)
Also the sound of summer rain whenever I’m at my grandparent’s house in the mountains! It gets all creaky because it’s very old and the forests become all misty.
5. What is your favourite book title and why?
The best title I’ve ever seen has to be Strange the Dreamer. Just…1. It looks so nice 2. It represents the whimsical feeling you get while reading the book and 3. All the Doctor Strange jokes.
6. Which (if any) book series have you DNFd?
Since you probably do not have the next 3 hours of your life free to listen to me list them all I’ll just sum it up with some of the most unpopular opnion-y ones* :
- Miss Peregrine’s by Ransome Riggs
- Shatter me by Thareh Mafi
- The 5th Wave by Ricky Yancey
- Mistborn by Brandon Senderson
- A Court of Thrones and Roses by Sarah J Maas
- The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski
…annd the list probably goes onnn….yes I am a hard to please lizard-hearted person who’s only joy in life is chocolate thank you very much.
*sorry if you see one of your favourites…if I give you a cookie promise you won’t be offended? Pretty please?
7. If you could go back and get your younger self (at any age) to read any book, which book would it be and why?
Ahem: YOOO 8 year-old Ioana you read Harry Potter and stopped after the Prologue in Half Blood because you though it was waay too mature and dark for you??
WELL THEN you should try Percy Jackson!! It has jokes and stuff!! Even though you’re so bad at English you can’t even spell the days of the week correctly!! That isn’t going to change anytime soon so you might as well try it!
Believe me for I know everything!
And avoid Divergent AT. ALL. COSTS! Spare yourself the pain. Buy some cake with that money. You’re welcome in advance.
Also stop saying you hate reading WHEN YOU DIDN’T EVEN GAVE IT A SHOT you little gremlin!!
…ahem…as you can see I love my younger self dearly…
8. Are there any adaptions you like more than the original book?
I watched a bit of 13 Reasons Why on Netflix and it was good but I have absolutely no intention of reading the book ever. Also The Devil wears Prada is one of my all time favourite movies and I didn’t even know it was an adaptation!
9. If your life up to now was made into a film, what song would play during the end credits?
I’ve told all my friends that if “Highway to Hell” by AC/DC isn’t blasting at full volume at my funeral than then they wasted the perfect opportunity and I WILL hunt them forever. I shall make a very persistent ghost.
“Ding Dong the Witch is Dead” from Wizard of Oz would do just as well!
10. Are you looking forward to Christmas yet?
YOU MEAN ALL THE 12 weeks until CHRISTMAS!?!?! My mood is always Christmas and my blood is 90% gingerbread!
It’s not like I was already listening to Christmas and Chill in August…yes I am THAT person. My friends and I are all THAT person. WE ARE A NIGHTMARE IN DECEMBER I TELL YOU!!
11. Which one book do you think everyone should read at least once in their lifetime?
The Name of The Wind by Patrick Rothfuss!
Yes wow I read an adult fantasy wooooo!! I do that sometimes…you know…not read THE MOST popular things…just leave me with my over-hyped books alooneee *hugs and pats books*.
It’s an amazing book that really rises your expectations in fantasy forever onward…basically it’s like you eat the best-est cake in all existence and your taste buds are forever scarred so now any time you eat cake again it’s taste is vastly inferior and therefore it tastes like ash.
Hope you enjoyed my confusing and sad cake metaphor but yup that’s what this book was! A sad cake metaphor! And I want you all to join me in this pain so yeah read that book!
Some other questions
Well I really like all of these questions actually. But since it’s the rulez TM I’m giving you some choice here so choose which questions you want to answer!
- What song did you think fit one book perfectly while listening to it?
- Favourite and least favourite trope?
- Favourite movie that ISN’T and adaptation?
Nominating THE AMAZING BLOGGERS
(11? pfffftt…I don’t even have 11 real life friends mate let’s be realistic here! ok I might have 11 if my dog counts…does it count??)
You’re all little sunshine children ok!